We’re just a few weeks away from pool season, which means we’ll have to be seen in a swimsuit soon. Whether you're new to working out or have been at it for a while, hiring a personal trainer can help you get ready. Here are 8 benefits to enlisting the help of a trainer at the J:
1. Help Avoiding Injury: A trainer can teach you the proper technique to working out, so you are less likely to get injured. He or she will emphasize good mechanics and form and when to go hard and when to rest.
2. Accountability: Many of us need help being held accountable for the choices we make on a daily basis. Personal Trainers are there to keep you accountable, and to give you the extra push to keep going.
3. Motivation: A good personal trainer knows how to motivate you in different ways while working out, to get you moving in the right direction and to help you stay on track.
4. Personalized Fitness Plan: Everyone's body is different. Your personal trainer will design a customized fitness plan that is tailored to you, specifically, and will help you achieve your overall goal.
5. Encouragement: We all face defeat and feel discouraged at times. Having someone there to encourage you when you need it the most can have an incredible effect on your workout.
6. Knowledge: A “certified” personal trainer means they have acquired the knowledge necessary to teach you how to understand your body better and how to best meet your individual needs. Knowledge is the first step to solving any problem areas.
7. New Skills: When you start working with a personal trainer, they will teach you routines, workouts, and facts about your body that you may have never known otherwise. Personal trainers know a lot about fitness, and it’s exciting to learn something new each time you meet with them.
8. Getting over your fears: Sometimes we can be our worst enemy, and facing change isn’t easy. Having the extra support from a personal trainer to guide you and having someone to lean on can give you the confidence that you need to keep going until you reach your goals!
At the J, our Personal Training program will provide you with the motivation and direction you need to achieve your health and fitness goals! After an initial evaluation to establish your baseline health and fitness level, your program will be designed to meet your individual needs — whether that’s weight loss, recovering from an injury or surgery, cardiovascular fitness, strength training, or just general health and fitness. Read more and find out how you can get started with personal training at the J!
P.S. If you are attending the Spring Into Health Fair this Thursday, May 12, they are doing personal training assessments during the fair!