As part of our new years resolutions, many of us set goals to get fit or lose weight. Since the holidays are over and 2016 is here, now is the time to begin the journey to stick to these resolutions. But, with excuses like “it’s too much money” or “I don’t’ have the time” how can we motivate ourselves to do so?
Below are some helpful tips to stay on track:
• Set attainable goals: Some may not meet their expectations because the benchmark they set for themselves is not attainable. To be realistic, make sure your goals are measurable and specific.
• Stick with what you want to accomplish: Try something new, such as a fitness class or a new machine, so you can find the right fit for you. You may find something you didn't know was fun and exciting, which will keep you coming back.
• Work with a trainer: Working with a trainer is one of the best ways to stay motivated. They will tailor a program to your individual needs.
• Build it into your schedule: If you work out first thing in the morning, you're less likely to have other things pop up during the day that might interfere with exercising. Studies have shown people who work out first thing in the morning are more likely to stick with it. Pick a class and put it on your calendar
• Find a buddy to work out with: This will keep you both accountable! If you don't have one, attend group fitness classes. You'll get to know people and make new friends.
• Join a fitness community, like the J: You have a better chance of reaching your goals if you surround yourself with others who have similar goals.
The top things people typically say are important to them in their lives is the health of themselves and their family. Therefore, health and fitness is an investment, and it's certainly worth it. We hope to see you at the J in the new year!
January New Membership Special
Join the J in the month of January and you'll pay no registration fee and receive 10% off* your membership dues! Such a deal.
*Cannot have been a member in 2015. Not eligible for Teen, Au-pair, J-Friend, Kehilla, and Silver Sneakers Upgrade categories.