The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is a nonprofit, social service organization dedicated to offering quality programs, activities and services that emphasize Jewish culture, identity and values to people of all ages and backgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Fairfax County, the JCCNV is a warm and welcoming place where the community can experience year-round educational, recreational and cultural programming. It is also a place where the Northern Virginia community gathers to celebrate and learn about Judaism’s rich cultural heritage. A growing organization, the J will operate with an $8 million budget in FY15. The JCCNV is an equal employment opportunity agency.
The JCCNV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants to and employees of the JCCNV are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.
Current Job Openings in the Following Departments
- Adult Services
- School-Age Services and Day Camps
- Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC)
- Health and Fitness
- Special Needs
- Cultural Arts
Adult Program Assistant (Part-Time / 20 hours a week)
Essential Functions of the Administrative Assistant position:
- Coordinate and oversee all administrative needs for assigned projects, including reserving rooms for programs, submitting room set ups for event and attending program, when necessary.
- Be available on day of event to oversee all aspects of the program, as necessary.
- Coordinate and oversee Annual Used Book Sale and work with volunteers
- Coordinate and oversee annual and ongoing social actions projects at the J and in the larger community including FACETS Toy Drive and Holiday Shopping Party and the Hypothermia Prevention Program
- Coordinate ongoing and annual community service projects at the J including th AARP Driver Safety Class and Flu shots
- Oversee weekly games at the J, including reserving room, and collecting fees
- Staff adult department day trips, as necessary
- Be available to assist with a classes or programs when a program coordinator is unable to attend
- Report to the Adult Services Director
- Submit written descriptions for programs for publication in the J’s Program Guide and bi-monthly newsletter in a timely fashion
- Submit written information to Marketing Department for flyers, and various other marketing pieces needed to promote programs in a timely fashion
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have excellent computer and social media skills and be willing to learn membership database
- Must be willing to learn how to use AV equipment needed for programs
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience working with older adults and volunteers preferred
- Judaic educational background a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work in a shared office space with other co-workers and frequent member interactions
- Communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Position may require occasional local travel
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Expected to participate in staff meetings
- Expected to serve on Positive Aging Fair Committee and attend event
- Expected to participate in large scale JCCNV events
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned
Please send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com. Candidates under consideration for the position will be contacted.
Program Coordinator Intern (Part-Time)
The Program Coordinator Intern will work alongside of Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) and Celebrate Fairfax, Inc (CFI) staff to plan and implement event logistics for the Northern Virginia Positive Aging and Wellness Fair occurring on April 11th, 2019. This event will offer tools and information to educate and inspire adults to achieve a fulfilling and healthy lifestyle as they age. He/She MUST be available to work the entire day of the event with other staff members.
- Assist with the organization of attendee registrations and workshop capacities
- Assist with the room logistics for each workshop, including layouts, signage, and technology needs
- Coordination of the lunch program, including ordering and delivery logistics
- Help with the creation of the marketing campaign and monitor analytics to assess trends/ activity across social accounts
- Support staff with administrative duties as needed and help with general set-up/ take-down for the event
- Currently enrolled undergraduate/graduate student
- Able to provide own transportation and accommodations
- MUST be able and willing to lift at least 25 lbs
- MUST be able to work the day of the event, in its entirety
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You must be creative and think outside-the-box when coming up with new ideas
- You can excel working under pressure; you do whatever you need to get the work done
- You have excellent time management skills: you establish priorities and organize a variety of projects simultaneously
- You love working with a team to accomplish overall goals but you are able to work independently too
- Part-time hours (20-25 hours/week) beginning on or around January 22nd (the start of the school semester) through May 1st, 2019. Actual dates are negotiable.
- Please note: The intern is must be able to work the full day of the event (Thursday, April 11th).
- The selected intern may receive credit as approved by college/university supervisor.
- A stipend is not available for this internship.
Please email resume and cover letter indicating where you learned of this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
School-Age Services and Day Camps
Do you enjoy working with kids and being a role model? The Before- and After-School Enrichment (BASE) program is looking for energetic, caring, and responsible staff to help supervise the kids in the program. To apply, please complete the application forms below.
Download the BASE staff application form.
If you are 16 or older and interested in joining our team, contact Rich.Dinetz@jccnv.org, 703.537.3091 for more information.
Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC)
Join the dedicated team at the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia’s Early Childhood Learning Center! We are seeking a full time teacher to join our educational team for our year-round, full-day preschool for infants through Pre-K.
The ECLC Educators co-teach in a professional, collaborative, Jewish environment (applicants do not need to be of the Jewish faith to apply). Our year-round program is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to Education based on viewing our students as competent and capable learners. Educators and students are co-researchers learning together inside and outside of the classroom.
- Have a CDA, AA or BA in Early Childhood Education or child related field
- Have experience working in a childcare setting with children ages 0-5 years old
- Have excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Are proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy continued professional growth while participating in Professional Development opportunities throughout the year
- Having experience or knowledge of emergent curriculum, project approach, and/or the Reggio Emilia inspired philosophy is a plus
- Engage with the children in their care in order to discover the needs of each individual child
- Create differentiated learning experiences for the many different learning styles within their class
- Collaborate with a team of co-educators and Administrators to meet the needs of the children
- Work closely with ECLC families as partners in their child’s learning
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan Options
- Discounted Childcare
- JCCNV Family Membership: Fitness Center, Pool, Classes, Etc.
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
Applicants do not need to be of the Jewish faith but must be open to learning how to incorporate Jewish culture and values in the classroom.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Amit.Hickman@jccnv.org.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Do you know anyone who is looking for a flexible full- or part-time position? If so, the JCCNV’s Early Childhood Learning Center is seeking dynamic long term, short term, and/or day of substitute teachers to join our educational team for our year-round, full-day early childhood center for infants through Pre-K.
Create your availability based on your own schedule and join our dedicated team. The ECLC is inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy and our staff co-teaches in a professional, collaborative, Jewish environment.
Substitute teachers will be asked what their availability is in advance. Position may include part-time, long term, seasonal, or short term subbing if available and depending on the substitute teacher's availability.
Looking for experienced professionals with experience or knowledge of emergent curriculum, project approach, and/or Reggio Emilia inspired philosophy.
All applicants must have experience working with young children, be organized, have excellent writing skills and a good understanding of digital and media languages. Applicants do not need to be of the Jewish faith but must be open to learning.
**Must have experience working with young children in an early childhood setting**
Please send resume and three references to Ashley.Hoy@JCCNV.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Health and Fitness
Part-Time Fitness/Dance Instructor
The J is currently looking for a fun, energetic, fitness dance instructor with the ability and certification to also instruct Aqua Zumba and Zumba Gold classes. Current CPR/AED is required. If you are interested, please email your resume and to Petya.Ivanova@jccnv.org.
If you are someone who is a good swimmer and is passionate about working with kids, we have a perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for reliable, responsible individuals with high energy and enthusiasm. A swimming background and the ability to connect with children is a MUST. We offer consistent long-term, part-time employment. Hours and shifts flexible.
To apply, please email resume to Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.
USA Swimming Head Coach
USA Swimming Head Coach needed for competitive swim team, Monday - Thursday after school/10 hours a week.
- ASCA level 2 and Current USA Swimming Coaching Certifications (CPR, FA, Safety Training for Swim Coaches)
- Minimum 2 years coaching experience with developmental age group swimming
Compensation -very competitive with others PVS teams.
We are looking for an enthusiastic coach for a pre-swim team/ swim school level instruction ages 5 - 12 in Fairfax, VA; Monday-Friday after school/5 hours a week/ September-May and Sundays year around. There is potential for more hours.
- Minimum 1 year experience with developmental age group swimming preferred.
Up to $40 per practice depending upon experience.
Working hours for private swim classes/ group swim classes are flexible. Shifts can be set up to fit your needs weekdays as well as weekends.
Salary: $17 - $25/ 30 minutes class based on experience.
Social Skills Instructor for Special Needs Summer Camp:
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is looking for an experienced candidate to be our lead social skills instructor for our 8-week summer camp for children with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, and/or related disorders. The camp is designed to provide opportunities to build self-esteem, social competence, independence skills, self-awareness and to foster positive relationships. Campers learn and grow dynamically as the camp is designed for social success in an inclusive environment. The camp day includes social skills therapy in conjunction with general camp activities such as swim, sports, arts and crafts, music, field trips, all-camp activities and much more!
- Writing and facilitating the curriculum for rising 1st - 3rd graders or 4th- 6th graders with assistance from camp counselors
- Attending and facilitating orientation and parent meetings
- Must be able to plan independently, be flexible, creative, comfortable managing challenging behaviors, have patience and a great sense of humor in a day-camp environment.
- Lead and manage counselors in helping to facilitate lessons
Seeking a candidate with credentials (i.e., Special Education Teacher, School Psychologist, SLP, LCSW, etc) preferably with experience in the Social Thinking, Unstuck and On Target, and/or relevant curriculum in addition to experience with recreation-based social activities.
Social Skills curriculum typically includes but is not limited to:
- Team-building and teamwork
- Impulse control
- Coping strategies
- Emotional regulation
- Friendship building
- Conversation skills
- Personal awareness
- Executive functioning
This is a full-time Summer position from June 17- Aug 16 with additional dates/times as needed.
Please send resume to Jessica.Tischler@jccnv.org, please put job title in subject line.
Cultural Arts Coordinator
The JCCNV seeks a highly-motivated, creative, outgoing, and collaborative individual to provide administrative, operational, and engagement support for cultural arts programming that includes theatre, music, dance, literature, visual arts, as well as our annual Northern Virginia Jewish Film Festival and ReelAbilities Film Festival.
- Passion for the arts
- Bachelor’s degree and/or three or more years of successful experience as an events programmer/presenter
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer and social media literacy, comfortable working with CRM and ticketing platforms, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive
- Be able work independently and collaboratively on a flexible schedule in a fast-paced and friendly environment
- Experience working collaboratively with volunteers
- Possess a good sense of humor
- Knowledge (or a willingness to learn) about Judaism/Jewish arts
- Assist in the administration and delivery of a comprehensive cultural arts program that includes both professional and community-based programs to a diverse audience of JCCNV members and the community at large
- Set up and staff performances and events, including evening and weekend hours, working closely with the J’s Production and Facilities Manager for in-house events
- Populate and maintain internal and external event calendars for all meetings and programs
- Research and disseminate screeners for film programs, and track incoming committee evaluations, maintain positive relationships with film committee members and distributors
- Coordinate with visiting artists and speakers, creating contracts, booking travel and lodging, and gathering publicity materials
- Coordinate volunteer involvement to support staff as needed, particularly for the Book Fair, Northern Virginia Jewish Film Festival, and ReelAbilities Film Festival
- Assist in increasing public awareness through web and print marketing efforts, commanding a social media presence, writing media releases, and conducting artist interviews
- Support development efforts as needed through event data gathering, editing, and mailings
- Collaborate with other JCCNV departments for program development and facility use
- Create and actively promote a welcoming environment where patrons, colleagues, presenters, and partners’ needs are anticipated and all are treated in a friendly and manner
- Perform other related duties as required or directed
The Cultural Arts Coordinator reports to the Cultural Arts Director. Salary and benefits package will be commensurate with experience. Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com.