October Auditions for the JCCNV children’s theatre production “Clever Rachel” … Non-Equity, Paying
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (Fairfax) is auditioning non-Equity actors for an upcoming production of “Clever Rachel,” a children’s theatre play by Moses Goldberg (adapted from the book by Debby Waldman and other traditional sources). The production will be co-directed by Dan Kirsch, JCCNV Cultural Arts Director and Leslie A. Kobylinski, Artistic Director of First Draft at Charter Theater. All roles paid. Cold readings from the script. Sides supplied on the day of auditions.
THE PLAY: Set in Poland in the late 1800s, Rachel struggles to understand her role in society as a young woman. Rachel is smart, maybe the smartest child in the entire village, and she loves to solve riddles. But Jacob, the smartest boy in the boy’s school, shows up to challenge her. Will they fight each other and become enemies or find a way to work together to make their village a better place?
REHEARSALS AND PERFORMANCES: Performance Date & Times: Sunday, December 16 at 1:00 and 3:00pm at the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV), 8900 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, 22031. Rehearsal Dates: November 26-December 15. Rehearsal Locations: Theater on the Run, 3700 South Four Mile Run in Arlington, Virginia and the JCCNV, 8900 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax.
THE CHARACTERS: Looking for actors (3 men, 3 women), 18 years old and up (children’s roles are played by adults).
- RACHEL, age 12
- SHLOMO, her brother, 10
- SILKA, her mother
- LEV, her father, the Innkeeper
- JACOB, the butcher’s son. 13
- Actor (woman) to play the following roles: HINDY, Jacob’s sister, about 6; ESTHER, an elderly neighbor; HALINA, a wealthy Polish woman; MIRIAM, a young woman from the next village; ZAZU, a wild looking woman
THE AUDITION TIMES: Auditions will be held on …
- SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7, Open Call Auditions (first come, first seen, no appointment needed) from 12:30pm to 2:30pm, Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV), 8900 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, 22031.
- SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, Scheduled Auditions (i.e., by appointment) from 11:00am till 1:00pm at Theater on the Run, 3700 South Four Mile Run in Arlington, Virginia.
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, Scheduled Auditions (i.e., by appointment) from 7:00pm till 9:00pm at Theater on the Run, 3700 South Four Mile Run in Arlington, Virginia.
THE AUDITION PROCESS: To attend the Open Auditions on Sunday, October 7, actors should show up during the scheduled time frame at the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV). First come, first seen. To request an audition at the Scheduled Auditions on October 6th and 15th, send an email to email@example.com (that includes your headshot and resume, if you have electronic versions of them). We will get back in touch with you to schedule a specific audition time. Cold readings from the script. Sides supplied on the day of auditions.
All actors who audition should bring two headshots and resumes.