JCCNV Cycling Club
Interested in cycling? Thinking about your next ride? Why join? It is a casual group with two organized rides a year, one in the fall on one in the spring plus our Annual Cycle Fest ride in early summer. Club rides range from 30 to 40 miles. Enjoy the area’s vistas and get to know some fellow cyclists.
- Bike helmets are required.
- Cue sheet will be provided. We suggest binder clips or a cue sheet holder to keep this visible while riding.
- Water bottles & snacks (nutrition): This is not a supported ride, so you are responsible for bringing your own water and nutrition (bananas & energy bars are good ideas). We recommend two water bottles.
- A bike computer that displays mileage is helpful (to help make sure you are following the cue sheet), but not required.
- Spare tube, tire levers and air pump—even if you don’t know how to do it, you need to bring a spare tube and tools to change it.
- ID & cell phone.
For more information please contact Paula Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cycling Club e-Newsletter!
To receive the JCCNV Cycling Club E-Newsletter, please contact Paula Cole at email@example.com.
Show Off Your JCCNV Club Pride!
Interested in showing your JCCNV club pride while riding? We are currently taking orders for JCCNV short-sleeved cycling jerseys. Email GENDER, SIZE (XS-XL) and quantities to Kasha Williamson.
Jerseys are Sugoi high performance Evolution Jersey with club-cut/ Semi-fitted design. .
Short-sleeve, 3 rear pocket, colors white, blue and black.
Please send a check for $55.00 made payable to the JCC of Northern Virginia. Jersey pickup will be at the JCCNV. You will receive an email when they are in!
5th Annual JCCNV Cycle Fest
Sunday, September 14, 2014
Plans are now underway for the 2014 ride through the scenic hills of Northern Virginia! Be sure to mark your calendar and plan to join this ride benefitting the Wounded Warriors Project and the Washington Area Bicycle Association (WABA). Stay tuned for details.
If you’d like to join the planning committee, please contact Paula.Cole@jccnv.org.
To develop a conditioning regimen, or to work with a JCCNV personal trainer, contact Allison.Colman@jccnv.org.
Cycle Fest 2013 Wrap-up:
On Sunday, September 8, the JCCNV hosted our 4th Annual Cycle Fest. Ninety-one registered riders and 14 volunteer riders participated in the event that raised more than $4,500 to benefit the Wounded Warriors Project and Hazon. Thank you to all of our sponsors and participants for making the ride such a success for the riders and for our selected charities!