JCCNV Cycling Club
Interested in cycling? Thinking about your next ride? Why join? It is a casual group with two organized rides a year, one in the fall on one in the spring plus our Annual Cycle Fest ride in early summer. Club rides range from 30 to 40 miles. Enjoy the area’s vistas and get to know some fellow cyclists.
- Bike helmets are required.
- Cue sheet will be provided. We suggest binder clips or a cue sheet holder to keep this visible while riding.
- Water bottles & snacks (nutrition): This is not a supported ride, so you are responsible for bringing your own water and nutrition (bananas & energy bars are good ideas). We recommend two water bottles.
- A bike computer that displays mileage is helpful (to help make sure you are following the cue sheet), but not required.
- Spare tube, tire levers and air pump—even if you don’t know how to do it, you need to bring a spare tube and tools to change it.
- ID & cell phone.
For more information please contact Paula Cole at email@example.com.
Cycling Club e-Newsletter!
To receive the JCCNV Cycling Club E-Newsletter, please contact Paula Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show Off Your JCCNV Club Pride!
Interested in showing your JCCNV club pride while riding? We are currently taking orders for JCCNV short-sleeved cycling jerseys. Email GENDER, SIZE (XS-XL) and quantities to Kasha Williamson.
Jerseys are Sugoi high performance Evolution Jersey with club-cut/ Semi-fitted design. .
Short-sleeve, 3 rear pocket, colors white, blue and black.
Please send a check for $55.00 made payable to the JCC of Northern Virginia. Jersey pickup will be at the JCCNV. You will receive an email when they are in!
5th Annual JCCNV Cycle Fest
More than 100 riders attend the 5Th Annual Northern Virginia Cycle Fest
Sunday, September 14th brought over 100 people to the JCC to ride and support Wounded Warrior Project and the Washington Area Cyclists Association. The weather was perfect with riders selecting courses from 12, 30, 50 to 62 miles. Rest stops were provided at Gravelly Point, National Park Services, and 2 Fairfax County facilities, Roundtree and Lewinsville Parks. Over 10 active military participated in the ride.
We’d like to thank our sponsors: The Bike Lane; TD Bank; Glenn Fuchs, MD; Giant Food & Pharmacy; and Earl & Jeff Klioze DDS LTD, Audrey J. Torma DDS Family Dentistry.