The Northern Virginia Cycle Fest is an annual community ride that is hosted by the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia, in partnership with its sponsors, and is open to all experienced riders who are comfortable riding on roads with traffic — with a suggested minimum age of 12 – and who have a road bike. Set in the fall, the ride enjoys the fall temperatures and scenery through the hills of Northern Virginia. Each year, the charity ride selects beneficiaries. In 2014, the ride will benefit two charities: Wounded Warriors Project and the Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA).
The ride options are designed to be fun and challenging for riders of all levels and experience. It is the intent of Northern Virginia Cycle Fest to bring together riders who have a common goal of health, friendship, and giving back to the community. All ride options are supported with rest stops, SAG vehicle support, mechanical support, merchant sponsorship and light refreshments.
Click the links below to learn more.
5th Annual Northern Virginia Cycle Fest
Sunday, September 14
Registration opens at 7am
Rides depart at 7:30am
Location: Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia
8900 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax VA 22031
Riders should be experienced and comfortable on roads with traffic; suggested minimum age is 12; road bikes only.
Ride Options & Departure Times:
- 62 miles with about 3,000 feet of climbing. Departs at 7:30am. This course covers the Custis, GW, 4-Mile, and W&OD trails. There are significant hills in this challenging course which is for very experienced riders.
- 50 miles with about 2,700 feet of climbing. Departs at 7:40am. This ride stays primarily on roads, with a small portion of the Custis and 4-Mile trails. The course also extends into McLean and Arlington. There are a significant number of hills in this course.
- 30 miles with about 1,600 feet of climbing. Departs at 7:45am. This route is all roads and goes through Fairfax, Vienna, Falls Church, Annandale, North Springfield and back. It is mostly rolling hills.
- 11 miles with about 560 feet of climbing. Departs at 7:45am. This route winds through Fairfax and Annandale.
- Northern Virginia Cycle Fest giveaways
- Rest stop with tasty treats
- SAG vehicle support
- Mechanical support
- Light food and entertainment at the end of the rides
$50/ $45 member/ $20 active military and first responders
Children ages 12-16: $40/ $36 member
- Before Sept. 4:
$45/ $40 members/ $20 active military and first responders
Children ages 12-16: $36/ $32 members
- Click here to download the 11 mile Fun Ride Cue Sheet
- Click here to download the 31.5 mile Ride Cue Sheet
- Click here to download the 50 mile Ride Cue Sheet
- Click here to download the Metric Century Ride Cue Sheet
Northern Virginia Cycle Fest Jersey
Jerseys are semi-custom, based on the Evolution jersey style with ic semi-fitted and offered in both men’s and women’s special cut. Designed for the Northern Virginia Cycle Fest by SUGOi – Features 3 elastic rear pockets full zip. Men's sizes range from XS-XXXL; Women's sizes range from XS-XXL.
To purchase your Cycle Fest Jersey, contact Paula.Cole@jccnv.org, or (703) 537-3049
Sponsors and Sponsorships
We’d like to thank our sponsors who help to ensure the success of the ride:
- TD Bank
- The Bike Lane
- Giant Food & Pharmacy
- Glen Fuchs, MD
- Earl & Jeff Klioze, DDS LTD, Audrey J. Torma, DDS Family Denstistry
Become a Sponsor!
If you would like to be a sponsor, please contact Paula Cole, Director, at (703) 537-3049, or Paula.Cole@jccnv.org
Register ten riders to receive a discounted registration fee!
Thank you to the following corporations for your participation in the Challenge:
Cycle Fest Video/Photo Gallery: