JCCNV Inclement Weather Policies
At the JCCNV, the safety of our members, guests and staff is our first priority. For that reason, in the event of severe inclement weather, the published hours of operation may have to be modified. The decision to close the facility, delay openings, or close early is based on the weather forecast, current unstable weather and projected unsafe driving conditions. Because our organization is complex, inclement weather may affect each department and service differently. We endeavor to provide whatever programs and services are possible, given the specific requirements of the program and the effect severe weather can have on the facility, accessibility, and staff availability. To that end, the standard policies for each department are listed below and are subject to change as necessary.
Please call the inclement weather hotline for the most up-to-date information at (703) 425-3763. Basic delayed openings and closings are announced on NBC channel 4, FOX channel 5, WJLA channel 8, CBS channel 9, and on WTOP: www.WTOPNEWS.com or listening to 103.5FM or 820AM (WTOP Radio).
Morning Delays and Cancelations
Early Childhood Services:
- If Fairfax County Public Schools have a delayed opening, preschool, infant/toddler and extended day programs open on time
- If Fairfax County Public Schools are closed, all childcare programs, including infant/toddler, operate from 9am–5pm
- Specialty Classes are cancelled
- There is no hot lunch program
- If Fairfax County Public Schools have a delayed opening, BASE is open from 7:30am until the schools open.
- If a child is regularly scheduled for morning daycare or a part of the
- BASE-ic package on the day of the inclement weather, he/she is qualified to participate as usual
- Additional children can attend BASE on a delayed opening as transportation is available to all schools. Please contact (703) 537-3020 after 7:45am to inquire
- If Fairfax County Public Schools are closed, BASE operates from 9am–5pm
- If Fairfax County schools have a delayed opening, programs begin at the regular time
- If Fairfax County schools are closed, all adult programs are canceled
Adult Outreach Programs
- Beth El Hebrew Congregation: If Fairfax County schools are closed or have a delayed opening, there is no program Contact Shelly at (703) 537-3062
- Temple B’nai Shalom: If Fairfax County schools are closed or have a delayed opening, there is no program. Contact Michele at (703) 537-3095
- Leisure World at Lansdowne: If Loudoun County schools are closed, the program is canceled. If schools have a delayed opening, the program will be held as scheduled. Contact Sheila at(703) 537-3068
- Beth Sholom Temple: If Stafford County schools are closed, the program is canceled. If schools have a delayed opening, the program will be held as scheduled. Contact Sheila at (703) 537-3068
- Greater Gainesville Jewish Community: Contact Pam Wiener at (703) 537-3061
JCCNV Dance Academy
- If Fairfax County Public Schools have a delayed opening, all dance classes are as scheduled
- If Fairfax County schools are closed all dance programs are canceled
Sports, Fitness and Aquatics
NEW! Inclement Weather Policy
Effective September 2, 2014:
- If Fairfax County Schools are closed, group fitness classes are canceled. If Fairfax County Schools have a delayed opening, group fitness classes will run as scheduled.
- Yoga: No refunds or credits will be issued if a class is canceled due to inclement weather.
- Jazzercise: Please contact Lynne at (202) 758-6946.
For questions regarding group exercise classes or scheduling, please contact Keri.Drugan@jccnv.org.
Performing Arts Events
- If the JCCNV building is open, please contact the inclement weather hotline for specific event information
- If the JCCNV building is closed, all events are canceled
- In the event of inclement weather, please call the JCCNV Inclement Weather Hotline at (703) 425-3763 prior to departing for the Center to verify that the building is open