Returning this Fall:
The Mothers Circle Mini Sessions
Are you raising Jewish children... but you’re not Jewish? Don’t do it alone! Have fun while learning about Jewish rituals, ethics and the how-to’s of creating a Jewish home. Responding to the needs of women who are not Jewish but raising Jewish children, the Mothers Circle program:
- Offers free education in Jewish rituals, practices and values.
- Creates a warm, supportive community of women who have made similar choices for their families.
- Respects the participant’s choice to retain her own religious identity while providing a Jewish family life for her children.
The Mothers Circle, a program of the Jewish Outreach Institute, is funded by The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington.
How Should I Know?
A program for Jewish men with spouses/partners of other religious backgrounds.
Facilitator: Debbie Blonder
A three-session workshop that provides Jewish men in a committed interfaith relationship with the tools they need to better explain to their partners why having a Jewish home and/or raising Jewish children is important to them. Highlights include:
- How to tell your Jewish story in a way that matters to your whole family.
- Balancing the religious concerns of both sets of grandparents.
- Understanding the various Jewish positions on lifecycle events and holidays to make your own better informed decisions.
- …and more!