Cultural Arts at the J
Buy or reserve tickets to the J's Cultural Arts events through our online vendor Brown Paper Tickets
The mission of the JCCNV Cultural Arts department is to demonstrate, illuminate and celebrate the breadth and depth of Judaism’s culture, identity, creativity, diversity and resiliency through the performing, visual and literary arts. The JCCNV Performing Arts Series, open to all members of the metro community, includes public performances of professional music, dance and theatre productions, play readings, Broadway cabaret events, and children’s theatre productions. Cultural Arts programming is partially funded by the Arts Fund, and the Arts Council of Fairfax County, supported by Fairfax County.
Now Playing | Coming Soon
The JCCNV offers the following arts and cultural programs
- The JCCNV Performing Arts Series runs September-May with professional performances of dance, music, theatre, cabaret events and children’s theatre events.
- Northern Virginia j.talks (formerly the Jewish Book Festival) are conversations with authors and artists. Events are held throughout the year.
- The Northern Virginia Jewish Film Festival brings films, filmmakers and guest speakers to Northern Virginia as they relate to Jewish values, culture and/or history. The film festival is held in the spring of the year.
- The Bodzin Art Gallery features many local artists who work in a variety of media. Additionally, the fine arts program integrates Israeli arts to build community between Northern Virginia and Israel. Exhibits are on display year-round.
- j.dance, a dance school at the J, is committed to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment where dance students of all skill levels can embrace this art form.
- The ReelAbilities Film Festival showcases award-winning films and engaging presenters that are dedicated to engage, empower and champion the lives, stories and artistic expressions of people with different abilities.
Extra! Extra! Read All About Us!