Cultural Arts at the Center
The mission of the JCCNV Cultural Arts department is to demonstrate, illuminate and celebrate the breadth and depth of Judaism’s culture, identity, creativity, diversity and resiliency through the performing, visual and literary arts. The JCCNV Performing Arts Series, open to all members of the metro community, includes public performances of professional music, dance and theatre productions, play readings, Broadway cabaret events, and children’s theatre productions. Cultural Arts programming is partially funded by the Arts Fund, and the Arts Council of Fairfax County, supported by Fairfax County.
Tickets for Cultural Arts ticketed events are available through our online vendor Brown Paper Tickets. Click here
- Performing Arts Series
- Northern Virginia j.talks
- Northern Virginia Jewish Film Festival
- Gallery Exhibitions & Fine Arts Program
- Directory of Jewish Art & Artists
- ReelAbilities: Greater DC Disabilities Film Festival
- About our Programs
- Current Press
- Cultural Arts Archive
Now Playing | Coming Soon
- Bodzin Art Gallery: The Artists' Palette, March 2-April 6
- Northern Virginia Jewish Film Festival, March 19-29
- Bodzin Art Gallery: The Psychology of Scapegoating, April 7-May 25
- ReelAbilities Film Festival, April 26-May 3
- The JCCNV Performing Arts Series runs September-May with professional performances of dance, music, theatre, cabaret events and children’s theatre events.
- Northern Virginia j.talks (formerly the Jewish Book Festival) are conversations with authors and artists. Events are held throughout the year.
- The Northern Virginia Jewish Film Festival brings films, filmmakers and guest speakers to Northern Virginia as they relate to Jewish values, culture and/or history. The film festival is held in the spring of the year.
- The Bodzin Art Gallery features many local artists who work in a variety of media. Additionally, the fine arts program integrates Israeli arts to build community between Northern Virginia and Israel. Exhibits are on display year-round.
- The Directory of Jewish Artists & Art is a unique visual arts directory which includes listings of United States and Israeli Jewish artists and fine art, crafts and Judaica.
- j.dance is a community dance program for learning and fun. j.dance is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive learning environment where dancers of all skill levels, from preschool-age to adult, may embrace this art form. j.dance runs September-June, plus summer camp classes.
- The ReelAbilities: Greater DC Disabilities Film Festival showcases award-winning films and engaging presenters that are dedicated to promoting awareness and appreciation of the lives, stories and artistic expressions of people with different disabilities.
Film fest brings Jewish-themed movies to Northern Virginia. Washington Jewish Week, February 25, 2015