Date: Sunday, June 11 - 13, 2017
Time: 8:00 am - 9:30 pmLocation:
Depart and return to Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia
8900 Little River Turnpike
Contact: Michele Endick
3-Day, 2-Night Exciting Excursion to Sites in the Lynchburg, Virginia Area
Join us for our fifth annual overnight excursion. This year it will be a 3-day, 2-night, activity-packed trip including wonderful meals (Kosher style), all admissions, elegant boutique hotel, mystery stops and more! We will enjoy a day of culture, a day of nature and a day of history.
• 2-night stay at the elegant Craddock Terry Boutique Hotel in Lynchburg, VA built in a restored shoe factory building,
with continental breakfast brought to your room each morning
• Luxury motorcoach transportation (with bathroom) including driver tip
• Box lunch at the Bedford, VA visitor’s center which has introductory film and exhibits
• Orchestra seat for matinee performance of “Promises, Promises” in quaint Bedford
• Narrated lunch cruise on Smith Mountain Lake
• National Park Service Ranger talk at the Peaks of Otter on the Shenandoah Parkway, with scenic stops
• Dinner at Peaks of Otter lodge with fabulous lake and mountain views
• Talk by Rabbi John Nimon, of Temple Agudath Sholom about the history of the congregation and the Lynchburg Jewish population
• Tour of Poplar Forest – Thomas Jefferson’s “summer” home
• National Park Service Ranger program at Appomatox Courthouse – film, talk and self-guided tour
• Luscious “supper” at Babcock House in the town of Appomatox
• Two fun mystery stops – certain to please!
• Nightly entertainment
Everything is included except: Dinner (with tax and tip) on first night in Lynchburg at a local, highly recommended restaurant and light dinner on the
road back to the J. All tips, taxes, admissions, except otherwise noted, are included.
Fee: Single $670/ $620 J member
Code (single): #8123
Double: $520/ $470 J member – for each person (two people occupying the room must register at the same time; we cannot match people up)
Code (double): #8124
RSVP: Reservations only accepted with payment. Send or bring in checks with registration form attached, write “6/11” in memo line, label envelope
attn.: Michele Endick. Sign up early, limited # of spaces available!