Date: Saturday, June 28, 2014
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pmLocation:
8900 Little River Turnpike
Savvy Social Security Planning: What Baby Boomers Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income
Instructor: J. Michael May
At this workshop you will learn...
• Five factors to consider when deciding to apply for bene-fits.
• When it makes sense to delay benefits—and when it does not.
• Why you should always check your earnings record for ac-curacy.
• How to estimate your benefits.
• Two innovative strategies for coordinating benefits with your spouse.
• How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits.
• How to coordinate Social Security with your other forms of retirement income.
The decisions you make when applying for Social Security can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits you will receive over your lifetime. At this seminar you will learn important rules that will help you strategize on the best way to collect your retirement benefits, based on your individual situation.
J. Michael May, a Chartered Financial Consultant and Chartered Life Underwriter is a frequent presenter at OLLI who has been helping seniors manage their finances for more than 30 years.
Registration deadline is Friday, June 27 (payment must be received by this date). No walk-ins.
Fee: $12/ $8 member