Policies & Fees
Payments, Fees, and Discounts
Tuition fees can be found with each class description.
Three options for payment:
- Annual Payment, paid in full.
- Bi-Annual Payment, paid with registration for fall and spring courses.
- Monthly Payments, made through automatic billing of a credit card or voided check.
Please note: Declined or expired credit cards, or returned electronic drafts, will incur a $35 fee.
Performance Fee: $115 (includes the first costume and two recital tickets)
Costume Fee (each additional costume): $65
At the annual spring recital, two merit-based scholarships are awarded to students who show exceptional passion and promise in the field of dance.
- Artistry Scholarship: Awarded to an advanced level student who shows exceptional technique and artistry in the field of dance.
- Tiny Dancer Scholarship: Awarded to a preschool dance student who demonstrates passion and extraordinary promise for dance, and will transition into the JCCNV Youth Dance program in the fall.
Name a Scholarship
Please help to provide positive arts experiences at the JCCNV by sponsoring a scholarship. Commit to fund a scholarship for a minimum of five years, and the JCCNV Dance Academy will name the scholarship after the generous individual or business.
Costs associated with a dance education in the Washington Metro Area can be significant. The estimated annual cost for a student to participate in one hour of dance each week averages $1,000. At the JCCNV, we believe everyone should have access to dance. Each year, through generous donations and fundraising events, we are able to provide a few families with tuition assistance. Financial assistance is awarded based on need. Applications are available at the front desk.
For safety and total benefit, students must arrive to class on time, dressed according to dress code, and prepared to dance.
- Students must conduct themselves in a respectful and disciplined manner while at the JCCNV and when representing the Center during events.
- No candy, gum or food may be brought to class. Water in sealable containers may be consumed in class. Drink breaks, however, will be scheduled by the instructor.
- Make-up classes must be arranged with the instructor and the Dance Academy Director.
- Parents must remain outside the class.
Please refer to the Parent Manual for dres scode, guidelines, and JCCNV closings.