Payment Policies, Fees, and Scholarships
Please make payments in full for selected classes at time of registration. Class fees can be found with each class description. If you have any questions about payment amounts or registration, please contact Brenda Forsley, Dance Coordinator.
Please note: Declined or expired credit cards, returned checks, or payments made after the deadline incur a $35 fee.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: If registration is cancelled prior to the first day of class, a $7 handling fee is deducted from your refund. After the start of class date, only credits are issued.
At the annual spring recital, two merit-based scholarships are awarded to students who show exceptional passion and promise in the field of dance. Please help us to provide positive arts experiences here at the Center by sponsoring a scholarship.
- Artistry Scholarship: Awarded to an advanced level student who shows exceptional technique and artistry in the field of dance.
- Tiny Dancer Scholarship: Awarded to a preschool dance student who demonstrates passion and extraordinary promise for dance, and will transition into the JCCNV Youth Dance program in the fall.
Name a Scholarship
Please help to provide positive arts experiences at the JCCNV by sponsoring a scholarship. If a commitment is made to funding one scholarship for a minimum of five years, the JCCNV Dance Academy will name the scholarship after the funding agent. What a terrific way to honor your commitment by making quality dance programs in Northern Virginia accessible to all!
Costs associated with a dance education in the Washington Metropolitan Area can be significant. Estimated costs for students to participate in a single dance class averages $1,000 per week. At the JCCNV, we believe everyone should have access to dance. Each year through generous donations, we are able to provide a few families in need with tuition assistance. Financial assistance is awarded based on need. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, an application must be completed and submitted to the JCCNV. Applications are available at the front desk.
- For safety and total benefit, students must arrive to class on time, dressed according to dress code, and prepared to dance.
- Students must conduct themselves in a respectful and disciplined manner in the studio, at the Center, and when representing the Center at events.
- No candy, gum, or food may be brought to class. Water in sealable containers may be consumed in class. Drink breaks, however, will be scheduled by the instructor.
- Make up classes must be arranged with the instructor and the Dance Academy Director. Due to space and time constraints, make up classes must be made up in alternate courses, but at appropriate levels.
- Parents must remain outside the dance studio or rehearsal room, unless special arrangements have been made. Our observation window allows parents to watch classes in progress.
Please refer to the Parent Manual for dress code, guidelines, and Center closings.