Dance Related Classes and Programs
Discounted Program & Class Rates
Being a member has it's benefits! The JCCNV offers discounts to our members on classes and programs. In order for membership rates to apply, membership must remain current throughout the duration of the class/program. Please click here for additional membership benefits.
These classes are educational or fitness oriented to benefit dancers and their families.
Ages: 7–12 (accompanied by an adult), 13+ (unaccompanied)
- Learn to sew elastics and ribbons onto ballet or pointe shoes
- Basic hand-sewing techniques for minor alterations in dance attire, shoes and costumes
- Make a ballet bun cover
- Make a vented dance shoe bag
- Create a simple wrap-a-round ballet skirt
- Create hair accessories for performances or dress-up
- Create a performance make-up bag
Class size is limited, so register early!
Dance Strength & Flexibility Training
This program focuses on: Low-resistance/high-repetition strength training to build muscular endurance and develop tone; core training to improve balance and posture, and flexibility training to improve range of motion and lengthen muscles. Using a combination of strength training, balance training, Pilates and yoga, this program is perfect for young dancers growing into their bodies, as well as more advanced dancers that want to improve precision and overall technique. All packages include ten hour-long sessions and are priced per person.