Dance Academy Committee Chair: Lynn Mayer
Tickets Now On Sale!
JCCNV Annual Dance Recital
Alice in Wonderland!
Sunday, June 2 and Sunday, June 9
Join Alice as she accidentally takes a tumble down a rabbit hole, and awakens to find herself in a mysterious and enchanting fantasy world.
The JCCNV Dance Academy is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive learning environment where dancers of all skill levels may embrace this remarkably expressive art form. The program is based on cooperation, appreciation and dedication to the art of dance.
We look forward to helping instill confidence and grace through comprehensive dance training. Based on cooperation, appreciation and dedication to the art of dance, our program is designed to take students from their first movement class through a comprehensive dance curriculum. We are pleased to offer ballet, tap, modern, jazz and hip-hop dance instruction for children and adults of all ages and abilities. Because dance is a discipline and we want our students to reach their highest potential, we expect our participants to give 110% all of the time. While we encourage our students to develop relationships and friendships with their peers, they are expected to listen, learn and enjoy moving through space while class is in session.
If paying monthly, a credit card or voided check must be submitted that will be billed each month. If the credit card or account has expired or is declined and other payment is made after the deadline, a late fee of $20 is incurred. It is important that payments are received on the first day of the month (no exceptions will be made to this policy).
(Discounts do not apply to costume or performance fees)
- Class discount: If your dancer is in two or more classes, please subtract 10% from your total tuition costs.
- Family discount: If you have more than one dancer in our program, you may subtract 10% off the cost of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th dancers’ tuition costs.
- Super family discount: If you have multiple dancers in multiple classes, please contact the dance office for discount details.
- Refer a friend discount: If you register a new dancer to our program and that dancer registers and continues for three months, your $115 performance fee will be credited to your JCCNV account for future use on any Center-wide activities.
The cost of a dance education in the Washington, DC metropolitan area is significant. At the JCCNV, we believe that everyone should be able to have dance in their life. Each year we fundraise, collect donations, and set aside funds in order to assist a few deserving families with the expenses associated with our program. The JCCNV Dance Academy is hoping to receive sponsorships from families and corporations to help fund the scholarship program.
The annual cost for a student to participate in one hour of dance each week is about $1,000. Please help us to provide positive arts experiences here at the Center by sponsoring a scholarship. Note: if you commit to funding one scholarship for a minimum of five years, the JCCNV Dance Academy will name the scholarship after you, your family or your business. This is a great way to honor your commitment to making quality dance programs in Northern Virginia accessible to all.
- Artistry Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded at the annual spring dance recital to an advanced-level student that shows exceptional technique and artistry in the field of dance.
- Tiny Dancer Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded at the annual spring dance recital to a preschool dance student who shows a passion for the art of dance and extraordinary promise, and who will be transitioning to our youth dance program in the fall of the following year.
- Need-based Scholarship: In order to be eligible for this scholarship, an application must be completed and submitted to the JCCNV. Applications are available at the front desk.
- Students must arrive to class on time with appropriate dance attire and hair worn in the preferred bun or ponytail. (See video below for instructions)
- Parents are not permitted in the classroom.
- Dress code must be followed.
- No candy, gum or food is allowed in the classrooms.
- No new students will be admitted to classes after February 1.
- Make-up classes must be arranged with the teacher and dance director.
- Please contact the Center with regard to closings for all dance classes.
If registration is cancelled prior to the first day of class, a $7 handling fee is deducted from your refund. After the start of class date, only credits are issued.