ReelAbilities: Greater DC Disabilities Film Festival
ReelAbilities Film Festival
February 1-9, 2012
The ReelAbilities Film Festival is dedicated to promoting awareness and appreciation of the lives, stories and artistic expressions of people with different disabilities. The festival presents award-winning films, accompanied by discussions and other engaging programs, which bring together the community to explore, discuss and celebrate the diversity of our shared human experience.
- WARRIOR CHAMPIONS - 80 Minutes | China & USA | Documentary. Winner Veterans Leadership Award, SINY Film Festival 2010 Best Political Feature Award.
- BEN X 93 - Minutes | Belgium | Drama | Subtitles. 2008 Istanbul International Film Festival FIPRESCI Prize, 2007 Montreal World Film Festival Grand Prix Des Ameriques, Most Popular Film and Prize of the Ecumenical Jury 2008 Palm Springs International Film Festival Heinekin Red Star Award. 2008 Sedona International Film Festival Audience Award and Directors Choice Award.
- HENRY O - 76 Minutes | USA | Documentary. Winner 2009 Accolade Competition Award of Excellence, 2009 Beverly Hills Film Festival Audience Choice Award, 2009 Breckenridge Festival of Film Best of the Fest.
- SHAMELESS: THE ART OF DISABILITY - 71 Minutes | Canada | Documentary. Directed by Bonnie Klein.
- SHOOTING BEAUTY - 62 Minutes | USA | Documentary. Winner 2009 Phoenix Film Festival Audience Award - Feature, 2009 Woods Hole Film Festival Audience Award - Best of Fest.
- CROOKED BEAUTY - 10 Minutes | USA | Documentary. Winner US Super 8 Film and Video Festival Grand Prize Documentary Short, Human Dignity Film Festival Best of Fest, Mendocina Film Festival Best Documentary Short, Athens International Film Festival Second Prize Documentary Short, Szeged International Super 8 Film Festival Best of Fest.
- PRAYING WITH LIOR - 87 Minutes | UK | Documentary.
- ZIG ZAG LOVE - 60 Minutes | BBC One | Drama.
- WAR EAGLE, ARKANSAS - 93 Minutes | USA | Drama. Winner 2008 Breckenridge Festival of Film Best of Fest – Supporting Actor, 2008 Red Rock Film Festival, Utah – Audience Award and Grand Jury Prize, 2008 Sacramento Film and Music Festival Jury Prize Best Feature Film.
Sponsors: The Estelle Friedman Gervis Family Foundation, The Washington Group Special Care Planning Team, Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council, G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc., Needham Mitnick & Pollack, PLC.
Partners: Jewish Foundation for Group Homes, interPLAYcompany Band, The ARC of Northern Virginia, The ARC of Montgomery County, St. Luke’s House, Partnership for Jewish Life and Learning, Sunflower Bakery, Potomac Community Resources, Inc., The Ivymount School & Programs, PEATC, Mental Health Associate of Montgomery County.