Cultural Arts at the Center
The mission of the JCCNV Cultural Arts department is to demonstrate, illuminate and celebrate the breadth and depth of Judaism’s culture, identity, creativity, diversity and resiliency through the performing, visual and literary arts. The JCCNV Performing Arts Series, open to all members of the metro community, includes public performances of professional music, dance and theatre productions, play readings, Broadway cabaret events, and children’s theatre productions. Cultural Arts programming is partially funded by the Arts Fund, the Arts Council of Fairfax County, supported by Fairfax County.
- Performing Arts Series
- Northern Virginia Jewish Book Festival
- Northern Virginia Jewish Film Festival
- Gallery Exhibitions & Fine Arts Program
- Directory of Jewish Art & Artists
- JCCNV Dance Academy
- REELAbilities: Greater DC Disabilities Film Festival
- About our Programs
- Current Press
- Cultural Arts Archive
- Jackie Hoffman's A Chanukah Charol, Saturday & Sunday, December 7 & 8
- Hava Nagila (The Movie), Wednesday, December 25
- Mister Benny, Friday-Sunday, January 10-12
- The Maccabeats, Sunday, January 19
- Jews Who Rock, Sunday, January 26
- The JCCNV Performing Arts Series runs September-May with professional performances of dance, music, theatre, cabaret events and children’s theatre events.
- The Northern Virginia Jewish Book Festival features prominent authors to showcase their latest works and lets the readers get up close and personal. The book festival is held in the fall of each year.
- The Northern Virginia Jewish Film Festival brings poignant films, filmmakers and guest speakers to Northern Virginia as they relate to Jewish values, culture and/or history. The film festival is held in the spring of the year.
- The Bodzin Art Gallery features many local artists who work in a variety of media. Additionally, the fine arts program integrates Israeli arts to build community between Northern Virginia and Israel. Exhibits are on display year-round.
- The Directory of Jewish Artists & Art is a unique visual arts directory which includes listings of United States and Israeli Jewish artists and fine art, crafts and Judaica.
- The JCCNV Dance Academy is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive learning environment where dancers of all skill levels, from preschool-age to adult, may embrace this art form. The Dance Academy runs September-June, with special summer classes.
- The ReelAbilities: Greater DC Disabilities Film Festival showcases award-winning films and engaging presenters that are dedicated to promoting awareness and appreciation of the lives, stories and artistic expressions of people with different disabilities. The film festival is held in the late winter.