Listing Overview and Criteria
Get Connected to the Greater Jewish Community!
Directory Listing Overview
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) has launched a national/international online Jewish Artists/Jewish Fine Art, Craft & Judaica Directory. The Directory will give United States and Israeli artists the opportunity to reach the more than 3,000 monthly visitors to the JCCNV website.
The mission of the JCCNV Fine Arts Department is to support and encourage the development of Jewish Artists and/or Jewish Arts and to facilitate the integration of Israeli arts to build communities. To that end, the JCCNV will promote the directory through electronic newsletters, internal collateral materials, and our program guides distributed throughout the Northern Virginia community.
Criteria: The JCCNV reserves the right to review, approve and maintain the listings and artwork submitted for inclusion in the directory. Additionally, the JCCNV may assess and remove inappropriate material/listings at its sole discretion. The standard of excellence set for the site is based on professionalism, technical capability, training, education, creativity and consistency of the art.
- Standard Listing ($54): Includes one (1) directory listing in a selected media category that includes: your contact information (artist’s name, company name, address, phone number, fax number, link to your website, and email address); a description of your body of work—up to 250 characters; and one (1) thumbnail of your artwork (200 pixels x 200 pixels).
- Enhanced Listing ($118): Includes one standard listing that includes your contact information (artist’s name, company name, address, phone number, fax number, link to your website, and email address), a description of your body of work—up to 250 characters; and one (1) thumbnail of your artwork (200 pixels x 200 pixels). You may also select two additional media categories (a total of 3 listings); submit an enhanced description (up to 250 words describing you/your art, inspirations, links to blogs, websites, etc.); and three (3) gallery images (800 pixels x 600 pixels).
- Additional Listings ($18 per category when purchased with an enhanced listing): The content of the additional listings will be consistent with the enhanced listing content.
Click here to submit your listing.
Directory Listing Criteria and Definitions
Definitions: Professional vs. Advanced Artist
Refer to: www.ldianejohnson.com/articles/artist-levels.html
- “Professional” suggests that one makes a living or income from the work that they do.”
- The advanced level or that of Master Artist: “In whatever form of art produced… most generally bestowed upon them by a professional organization of peers, academic entity or other reputable person/group.”
Click here for a definition of Visual Arts and historical references
- “The Visual Arts are art forms that …are primarily visual in nature: ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, designs, crafts, and often modern visual arts (photography, video, and filmmaking)… Many artistic disciplines (performing arts, conceptual art, textile arts) involve aspects of visual arts…”
- “’Visual Arts’ includes fine art as well as the applied, decorative arts and crafts”.
- “Copyright definition of visual art (in part a) quote from the Copyright Law of the United States of America-Chapter 1: (18)
A “work of Visual Art” is—
- A painting, drawing, print or sculpture, existing in a single copy, in a limited edition of 200 copies or fewer that are signed and consecutively numbered by the author, or in the case of sculpture, in multiple cast, carved, or fabricated sculptures of 200 or fewer that are consecutively numbered and bear the signature or other identifying mark of the author; or
- A still photographic image produced for exhibition purposes only, existing in a single copy that is signed by the author or in a limited edition of 200 copies or fewer that are signed and consecutively numbered by the author.”