- The length of your commitment depends on your availability. J Rides provides volunteer drivers access to our ride scheduling software that lets you select your driving assignments, offering volunteers a flexible schedule. You can volunteer as little or as much as you’d like.
- Volunteers do not have to be J members.
- All volunteers must complete an application and attend a brief orientation.
- NV Rides will pay for a required background and a DMV check for all volunteer drivers.
- Volunteers are required to have a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please call 703-537-3074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to download a Volunteer Application
- This is a free service to any non-driving senior (55+) who would like to attend the J or a J program. You do not need to be a J member to use the service.
- Riders must be ambulatory and able to self-transfer into and out of the vehicle.
- Wheel chairs cannot be accommodated, but walkers are permitted.
- The J reserves the right to determine rider eligibility.
- Please obtain a passenger application from the front desk or by calling 703.537.3074.
- The application must be completed and returned to the NV Rides office by mail or in person prior to utilizing the service.
- A rider can schedule transportation by contacting J Rides at 703.537.3074. Rides are not guaranteed, and are subject to availability of a volunteer driver.
- We suggest scheduling your ride in advance - at least 5 days before the ride is needed. Same day rides are not available.
Please click here to download a Passenger Application
J Rides is supported by NV Rides. NV Rides is a network of service providers aiming to enhance and improve volunteer transportation throughout the region. In partnership with Fairfax County and Jewish Council for the Aging (JCA), and with additional support from The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia, the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is administering this community-wide initiative so that more non-driving older adults will be able to get where they need go at no cost, and “age in place” for as long as possible.
Visit the NV Rides homepage, www.NVRides.org for more information, and “Like” NV Rides on Facebook.