The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is a nonprofit, social service organization dedicated to offering quality programs, activities and services that emphasize Jewish culture, identity and values to people of all ages and backgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Fairfax County, the JCCNV is a warm and welcoming place where the community can experience year-round educational, recreational and cultural programming. It is also a place where the Northern Virginia community gathers to celebrate and learn about Judaism’s rich cultural heritage. A growing organization, the J will operate with an $8 million budget in FY15. The JCCNV is an equal employment opportunity agency.
The JCCNV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants to and employees of the JCCNV are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.
Current Job Openings in the Following Departments:
Reports to: the Executive Director
The JCC of Northern Virginia, a midsize, non-profit community center, serving Fairfax and the broader Northern Virginia community since 1980, is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant / Administrator to facilitate the operations of our office, specifically its senior executives and Board. The individual who will best fit this position takes great pride in their work, has great attention to detail, is creative, and is a team player. The work atmosphere at the J is collegial, so a good sense of humor is vital. We are a growing organization, so this is a great opportunity for an experienced Assistant to challenge themselves and join a team exploring new opportunities. We are making a great community center even better, and strong support staff play an essential part of that process. This is a full-time position, with occasional evening work required; competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The right person for the job must be proficient in MS Office. Knowledge of relational database will be helpful. Outstanding organizational skills are a must for this individual who will provide administrative support for the Executive Director, President of the Board and other Board members as assigned. Candidate must be able to work independently, without constant direction and oversight, and anticipate the needs of the Executive Director and the administrative office.
• Maintain Outlook calendar and scheduling of appointments for the Executive Director;
• Administrative duties including phone/email correspondence, mailing, filing, data entry;
• Assist the Executive Director, the President of the Board and other Executive Board members as assigned by the Executive Director;
• Make any necessary travel arrangements for conferences and meetings;
• Take minutes at monthly meetings and prepare the necessary documents;
• Support at times for other Senior Staff;
• Perform and assist with related special projects and other duties as assigned
• Manage Administrative office including purchases, rentals and other staff
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but solid professional experience may substitute;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience at the executive level;
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Proactive with strong ability to multi-task;
• Relational Database skills helpful
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When responding, please type in “Executive Assistant / Admin.” in the subject line.
Reports to: Community Engagement Director
Full-Time Position: 40 hours / week
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (Fairfax) seeks a qualified, outgoing, creative, organized individual who is an excellent communicator and excels at relationship building to work full-time as the Community Engagement/Family Connector Coordinator.
The Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing relevant and meaningful experiences for families with young children. The primary goal will be building relationships, welcoming and providing parents with resources as needed, connecting them with other families and to the larger Jewish community. You will also be responsible for supervising a small group of Family Connectors that are located throughout Northern Virginia.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with supervisor to develop and implement programs that take place within a specific geographic area in the Northern Virginia community.
• Responsible for administrative tasks for each program
• Work with JCC Marketing Director to secure promotional materials and promote programs throughout the community.
• Ensure tracking, budgeting, reporting and evaluation of program effectiveness.
• Participate and serve as a resource on steering and planning committees and serve as a resource to members of the community.
• Write up and submit reports/evaluations as required.
• Work with other staff in the department and at the JCC, attend all-staff meetings.
• Other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in education, social work, psychology or related field and related work experience.
• Basic knowledge of Northern Virginia and its communities.
• Knowledgeable about Jewish traditions, holidays and customs.
• You are interested in helping our Jewish community grow by thinking outside the box.
• A team player who understands the importance of collaboration and community.
• You are self-motivated, curious and open to new ideas.
• You have excellent communication skills, you are detail oriented, and can maintain confidentiality.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, web based applications and social media.
• Valid driver’s license and a car.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When responding, please type in the title of the job in the subject line.
Join the dedicated team at the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia Early Childhood Learning Center. We are seeking dynamic teachers to join our educational team for our year-round, full-day early childhood center for infants through Pre-K. The ECLC is inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy and our staff co-teaches in a professional, collaborative, Jewish environment.
Full-time positions begin August 31st. Looking for experienced professionals with experience or knowledge of emergent curriculum, project approach, and/or Reggio Emilia inspired philosophy. All applicants must have experience working with young children, be organized, have excellent writing skills and a good understanding of digital and media languages. Applicants do not need to be of the Jewish faith but must be open to learning. CDA, AA or BA in Early Childhood Education (or child related field) is required. Full-time position includes medical, childcare and JCCNV membership benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references in response to this ad. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
JCCNV Camps offers a wide range of staffing opportunities. We have positions ranging from general counselor to specialist with all age groups, starting at 2 years old through high school. Applications are available starting Monday, January 20. Please complete and include 3 reference forms and return at your earliest convenience. In person interviews will be scheduled for late February/early March.
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (Fairfax) is currently seeking instructors for all styles of dance for our j.dance Summer Camp, Intensive, and evening classes. Dance Instructors are responsible for planning class content and curriculum and choreographing pieces for the end-of-program performances. Classes are offered in Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern, and Tap. The JCCNV is a member of the National Dance Education Organization and the Virginia Dance Coalition. Qualifications: Ideal candidates will be professional, energetic, and have experience teaching children ages 5-15. Bachelor’s degree preferred. This is a part-time position. Salary is dependent on experience. To apply, please send your resume along with 2 professional references, indicate the type(s) of dance in which you specialize or are able to teach, your experience and training in dance, and your availability to Barri DeFrancisci, j.dance Director, at Barri.DeFrancisci@jccnv.org. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: June 7, 2015
Part-Time Special Needs Shadows
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is looking for part-time staff to shadow children with special needs in our before- and after-school programs. Daily activities in this inclusive program range from board games, playground, art projects, homework assistance, etc. Being a shadow includes aiding a child with a special need in staying on task, redirecting when needed and helping him/her to have a positive experience as they interact with peers and engage in activities. These children have Autism, Asperger’s syndrome, ADD/ADHD or other related disorders. Hours can vary but are typically Monday through Friday between 7:30am–9am and/or 3:15pm–6pm, depending on what days/times the child is registered for.
Experience working with children with special needs is highly preferred. Please send your resume to Jessica at Jessica.Tischler@jccnv.org
Indoor Cycling Instructor
The JCCNV is currently looking for indoor cycling instructors for our cardio cycling classes. Current CPR/AED is required and a spin certification or group fitness certification is required within 6 months of hire. If you are interested, please email your resume and info to Keri.Drugan@jccnv.org.
USA Swimming Head Coach needed for competitive swim team, Monday - Friday after school/11 hours a week.
Requirements: ASCA II and Current USA Swimming Coaching Certifications (CPR, FA, Safety Training for Swim Coaches), Minimum 2 years coaching experience with developmental age group swimming. Compensation -very competitive with others PVS teams. To apply, please email resume to Teo Albu, Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.
Swim Coach – We are looking for an enthusiastic coach for a pre-swim team/ swim school level instruction (Fairfax) Monday-Friday after school/5 hours a week/ September-May.
Requirements minimum 1 year experience with developmental age group swimming. Up to $30 per practice depending upon experience. To apply, please email resume to Teo Albu, Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.