The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is a nonprofit, social service organization dedicated to offering quality programs, activities and services that emphasize Jewish culture, identity and values to people of all ages and backgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Fairfax County, the JCCNV is a warm and welcoming place where the community can experience year-round educational, recreational and cultural programming. It is also a place where the Northern Virginia community gathers to celebrate and learn about Judaism’s rich cultural heritage. A growing organization, the J will operate with an $8 million budget in FY15. The JCCNV is an equal employment opportunity agency.
The JCCNV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants to and employees of the JCCNV are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.
Current Job Openings in the Following Departments:
- Early Childhood Learning Center
- Family Services
- Health, Fitness and Aquatics
- Special Needs Department
Early Childhood Learning Center
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia is looking for qualified, career-minded professionals to work in the Early Childhood Learning Center with children in our Infant, Toddler and Twos programs. Our curriculum is inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy and our staff works closely with co-educators in a professional, Jewish environment.
Looking for experienced professionals with experience or knowledge of emergent curriculum, project approach, and/or Reggio Emilia inspired philosophy. CDA, AA or BA in Early Childhood Educator (or child related field) is required. Fulltime position includes medical, childcare and JCCNV membership benefits.
We are looking for positive, energetic, hard-working and nurturing individuals who have an interest in working in a fun-loving, Jewish environment. Applicants do not need to be of the Jewish faith but must be open to learning. Please send cover letter, resume and three references to Amit.Hickman@jccnv.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Family Services Department
JCCNV Camps offers a wide range of staffing opportunities. We have positions ranging from general counselor to specialist with all age groups, starting at 2 years old through high school. Applications are available starting Monday, January 20. Please complete and include 3 reference forms and return at your earliest convenience. In person interviews will be scheduled for late February/early March.
Director of Finance
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV), located in Fairfax, VA (just outside of Washington, DC), provides social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and activities for the Northern Virginia community. The Board and staff recently completed a strategic planning process, which has set the stage for an exciting period of growth, focus, and impact, as reflected in the new Vision Statement (planning document available upon request).
Vision Statement: Guided by Jewish values, the JCCNV will spark, foster, and build Jewish Connection,Community and Peoplehood throughout Northern Virginia by creating outstanding opportunities for everyindividual to explore the boundless potential of Jewish life. Understanding that our community is widelyscattered, we will meet people where they are both within and beyond the walls of the JCC.
The JCCNV has an $8 million annual operating budget, which has more than doubled in the past seven years. The J is currently in the quiet phase of a $4-5 million Campaign to improve current facilities and provide seed funding for new community outreach initiatives.
The JCCNV is currently seeking an experienced Director of Finance (DF) who is detailed, personable, evenkeeled and an effective communicator. The DF is the Executive Director’s right-hand person on the agency’s financial matters, and is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the agency by building and managing a team of professionals (staff and contractors) accountable for accounting, finance, facilities and information technology. The DF is responsible for long-term financial planning, operational efficiency, sound internal controls and effective financial management of the agency. The DF also provides strategic leadership for the organization by working with the Senior Staff to establish long-rangegoals, strategies, plans and policies.
This is a senior management position requiring extensive financial management knowledge. Working in concert with the Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director, the DF will assist in the overall leadership and direction of the JCCNV and staff. The DF works in partnership with the Treasurer of the Board, key committees including Budget & Finance, Audit and Building & Grounds, and the full Board to ensure collaboration and alignment between professional staff and Lay Leadership on financial matters. The DF will ensure the effective utilization of the JCCNV’s personnel, financial and physical resources in a manner that is consistent with the J’s service standards, and within approved annual budgets. Under the supervision of Executive Director, and with the assistance of related standing committees, the DF is responsible for the development and maintenance of internal financial controls and the accuracy and integrity of the accounting and reporting systems.
Financial and Operations
- Responsible for the administration and management of Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Facilities, IT, and overall financial functions of the JCCNV.
- Oversight of all functions of Finance & Accounting including: Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Cash Management, Audits, and Development and Management of the annual departmental budgets.
- Supervision of all billing and monitoring of receivables.
- Review and Enhance financial and operational policies and internal control systems.
- Liaison to lending institutions and banks.
- Monitor purchasing procedures.
- Provide financial reports to the JCCNV Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Oversee JCCNV networking, internet, and accounting and software systems.
- Oversee operation and maintenance of Facility and Grounds including house staff and maintenance/custodial contractor.
- Investigate and report on annual financial operating issues.
- Ensure completion and timely filing of required local, state and federal returns.
- Oversee Human Resources functions of the JCCNV including: Benefits Payroll administration and monitoring personnel practices.
- Provide support material and guidance as needed by the Executive Director.
- Oversee all staff and outside contractors in areas stated above; this includes hiring, training, supervising and evaluating the staff.
- Provide the assistance and supervision necessary for all department heads to have the tools necessary for them to manage the financial aspects of their departments
Senior Staff Team
- Provide leadership to Senior Staff team on financial and administrative operations of the JCCNV.
- Serve as part of the Executive Leadership of the JCCNV by providing input to help guide the operations and direction of the Center.
- Assist management staff with preparation of key operating statistics to monitor their areas of operations.
- Participate in major agency-wide events and functions, including some nights and weekends.
- Represent JCCNV as needed where appropriate.
Board and Committees
- Attend JCCNV Board, Executive, Budget/Finance, and Building & Grounds Committee meetings.
- Prepare briefings and reports for Board, Executive and Budget/Finance Committee meetings.
- Provide information and insight to the Board on the financial operations of the JCCNV.
- Assist the Board Treasurer to present monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports to the boards.
- Staff the Budget & Finance, Investment and Audit Committees: Prepare agendas with the Treasurer, Prepare all necessary reports, Maintain minutes of all meetings, Guide the committee through the annual budget and audit processes.
- BA/BS degree in related field is required. MBA or CPA is desired.
- Experienced leader and financial executive with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience.
- An energetic, forward-thinking, organized, and creative individual with high ethical standards, professionalism and a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of GAAP standards and fund accounting required for non-profit organizations.
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills in needed areas of finance and accounting.
- Proven track record as an impact negotiator and relationship builder.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Proven ability to produce quality results within tight time frames while simultaneously managingseveral ongoing projects.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who works effectively and expediently in a team environment.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who possesses excellent communication skills required foreffective interaction with all levels of staff and lay leadership.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries, challenges, or complaints.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on challenging or complex topics to the Board and its various committees.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits package are being offered. To learn more about the JCCNV, please see our website www.jccnv.org. To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. The JCCNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Special Needs Department
Part-Time Special Needs Shadows
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is looking for part-time staff to shadow children with special needs in our before- and after-school programs. Daily activities in this inclusive program range from board games, playground, art projects, homework assistance, etc. Being a shadow includes aiding a child with a special need in staying on task, redirecting when needed and helping him/her to have a positive experience as they interact with peers and engage in activities. These children have Autism, Asperger’s syndrome, ADD/ADHD or other related disorders. Hours can vary but are typically Monday through Friday between 7:30am–9am and/or 3:15pm–6pm, depending on what days/times the child is registered for.
Experience working with children with special needs is highly preferred. Please send your resume to Jessica at Jessica.Tischler@jccnv.org
Health, Fitness, and Aquatics
Indoor Cycling Instructor
The JCCNV is currently looking for indoor cycling instructors for our cardio cycling classes. Current CPR/AED is required and a spin certification or group fitness certification is required within 6 months of hire. If you are interested, please email your resume and info to Keri.Drugan@jccnv.org.
USA Swimming Head Coach needed for competitive swim team, Monday - Friday after school/11 hours a week.
Requirements: ASCA II and Current USA Swimming Coaching Certifications (CPR, FA, Safety Training for Swim Coaches), Minimum 2 years coaching experience with developmental age group swimming. Compensation -very competitive with others PVS teams. To apply, please email resume to Teo Albu, Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.
Swim Coach – We are looking for an enthusiastic coach for a pre-swim team/ swim school level instruction (Fairfax) Monday-Friday after school/5 hours a week/ September-May.
Requirements minimum 1 year experience with developmental age group swimming. Up to $30 per practice depending upon experience. To apply, please email resume to Teo Albu, Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.
Organization: Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia
Job Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Application Deadline: January 1, 2015
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (Fairfax) is currently seeking instructors for all styles of dance for our j.dance program. Dance Instructors are responsible for planning class content and curriculum, contributing to the monthly newsletter, and choreographing pieces for the June recital. Instructors must be available on some weekends for rehearsals and performances. The JCCNV is a member of the National Dance Education Organization and the Virginia Dance Coalition.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will be professional, energetic, and have experience teaching children ages 5-15. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
This is a part-time position. Salary is dependent on experience. To apply, please send your resume along with 2 professional references, indicate the type(s) of dance in which you specialize or are able to teach, your experience and training in dance, and your availability to j.dance Director Barri.DeFrancisci@jccnv.org. No phone calls please.