The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is a nonprofit, social service organization dedicated to offering quality programs, activities and services that emphasize Jewish culture, identity and values to people of all ages and backgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Fairfax County, the JCCNV is a warm and welcoming place where the community can experience year-round educational, recreational and cultural programming. It is also a place where the Northern Virginia community gathers to celebrate and learn about Judaism’s rich cultural heritage. A growing organization, the J will operate with an $8 million budget in FY15. The JCCNV is an equal employment opportunity agency.
The JCCNV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants to and employees of the JCCNV are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.
Current Job Openings in the Following Departments:
- Arts and Culture
- Family Services
- Health, Fitness and Aquatics
- Special Needs Department
Family Services Department
JCCNV Camps offers a wide range of staffing opportunities. We have positions ranging from general counselor to specialist with all age groups, starting at 2 years old through high school. Applications are available starting Monday, January 20. Please complete and include 3 reference forms and return at your earliest convenience. In person interviews will be scheduled for late February/early March.
Membership Sales Associate
- Provide exceptional customer service to members, non-members, guests and staff at the JCCNV, in person and over the phone.
- Maintain knowledge of staff, facilities and programs from which you can draw on to assist customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide attentive and engaging site tours, answer inquiries, and build relationships with prospective new members.
- Collaborate with the fitness team to coordinate on-boarding process for new members.
- Maintain lasting relationships within the community to drive membership referral program.
- Partner with the membership team to identify membership sales needs
- For reporting purposes, gather and track all information regarding online, walk-in membership enrollment inquiries.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry standards regarding local fitness and membership trends.
- Participate in the development and implementation of marketing promotions.
- Assist with special projects, events and promotions as needed.
- Create a culture of sales within the Membership Department and within the agency so that our JCC staff understands the sales strategies of our programs and products to members and program users.
- Be responsive to members, prospects, staff and agency-wide needs in order to ensure that the highest levels of service are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of sales experience with a proven sales track record.
- Demonstrated proficiency with leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; including MS Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as the ability to learn and adapt to new software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
Special Needs Department
Part-Time Special Needs Shadows
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is looking for part-time staff to shadow children with special needs in our before- and after-school programs. Daily activities in this inclusive program range from board games, playground, art projects, homework assistance, etc. Being a shadow includes aiding a child with a special need in staying on task, redirecting when needed and helping him/her to have a positive experience as they interact with peers and engage in activities. These children have Autism, Asperger’s syndrome, ADD/ADHD or other related disorders. Hours can vary but are typically Monday through Friday between 7:30am–9am and/or 3:15pm–6pm, depending on what days/times the child is registered for.
Experience working with children with special needs is highly preferred. Please send your resume to Jessica at Jessica.Tischler@jccnv.org
Health, Fitness, and Aquatics
Indoor Cycling Instructor
The JCCNV is currently looking for indoor cycling instructors for our cardio cycling classes. Current CPR/AED is required and a spin certification or group fitness certification is required within 6 months of hire. If you are interested, please email your resume and info to Keri.Drugan@jccnv.org.
USA Swimming Head Coach needed for competitive swim team, Monday - Friday after school/11 hours a week.
Requirements: ASCA II and Current USA Swimming Coaching Certifications (CPR, FA, Safety Training for Swim Coaches), Minimum 2 years coaching experience with developmental age group swimming. Compensation -very competitive with others PVS teams. To apply, please email resume to Teo Albu, Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.
Swim Coach – We are looking for an enthusiastic coach for a pre-swim team/ swim school level instruction (Fairfax) Monday-Friday after school/5 hours a week/ September-May.
Requirements minimum 1 year experience with developmental age group swimming. Up to $30 per practice depending upon experience. To apply, please email resume to Teo Albu, Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.
Organization: Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia
Job Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Application Deadline: January 1, 2015
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (Fairfax) is currently seeking instructors for all styles of dance for our j.dance program. Dance Instructors are responsible for planning class content and curriculum, contributing to the monthly newsletter, and choreographing pieces for the June recital. Instructors must be available on some weekends for rehearsals and performances. The JCCNV is a member of the National Dance Education Organization and the Virginia Dance Coalition.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will be professional, energetic, and have experience teaching children ages 5-15. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
This is a part-time position. Salary is dependent on experience. To apply, please send your resume along with 2 professional references, indicate the type(s) of dance in which you specialize or are able to teach, your experience and training in dance, and your availability to j.dance Director Barri.DeFrancisci@jccnv.org. No phone calls please.