The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is a nonprofit, social service organization dedicated to offering quality programs, activities and services that emphasize Jewish culture, identity and values to people of all ages and backgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Fairfax County, the JCCNV is a warm and welcoming place where the community can experience year-round educational, recreational and cultural programming. It is also a place where the Northern Virginia community gathers to celebrate and learn about Judaism’s rich cultural heritage. A growing organization, the J will operate with an $8 million budget in FY15. The JCCNV is an equal employment opportunity agency.
The JCCNV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants to and employees of the JCCNV are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.
Current Job Openings in the Following Departments:
- Adult Services
- Community Engagement
- Family Services
- Special Needs
- Sports, Fitness and Aquatics
ADMINISTRATIVE / EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
We are a midsize, non-profit community center, serving Fairfax and the broader Northern Virginia community since 1980. We are looking for someone who takes great pride in their work, has great attention to detail, is creative, and is a team player with a good sense of humor. This is a full-time position, with occasional evening work required; salary mid-$30s with excellent benefits.
The right person for the job must be proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point. Knowledge of relational database will be helpful. Outstanding organizational skills are a must for this individual who will provide administrative support for the Executive Director, President of the Board and other Board members as assigned. Candidate must be able to work independently, without constant direction and oversight, and anticipate the needs of the Executive Director and the administrative office.
- Maintain Outlook calendar and scheduling of appointments for the Executive Director;
- Administrative duties including phone/email correspondence, mailing, filing, data entry;
- Assist the Executive Director, the President of the Board and other Executive Board members as assigned by the Executive Director;
- Make any necessary travel arrangements for conferences and meetings;
- Take minutes at monthly meetings and prepare the necessary documents;
- Support at times for other Senior Staff;
- Prepare slide presentations as requested;
- Perform and assist with related special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but solid professional experience may substitute;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at the executive level;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and Power Point;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proactive with strong ability to multi-task;
- Relational Data Base skills helpful
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY RANGE: Mid-$30s
BENEFITS: Paid Vacation, holidays, sick leave, maternal/paternal leave, medical (includes Vision and Dental), Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 5 years
PREFERRED DEGREE: Bachelor
JOB POSTED ON: October 8, 2014
JOB IS POSTED FOR: 14 days
JOB CATEGORY: Administrative Support, Assistant, Executive Assistant
JOB FOCUS: Jewish Community Center
ORGANIZATION NAME: Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia, Inc.
JOB LOCATION: 8900 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, VA 22031
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: email@example.com
Marketing and Outreach Specialist, NV Rides
PROGRAM: NV Rides
HOURS: Half Time: ½ FTE
Develop and implement outreach and marketing for a grant funded program that will work with community organizations in Northern Virginia/Fairfax County to provide coordination of volunteer drivers and older adults in need of transportation services through NV Rides program. Work closely with Program Coordinator, Steering Committee and Advisory Committee composed of leaders from participating community organizations to increase public awareness of the value of volunteer driver programs and to increase volunteer recruitment. Be a motivated self starter who helps ensure that NV Rides performance meets or exceeds goals.
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach plan
- Create and disseminate marketing materials for NV Rides program
- Establish communications systems and messaging campaign to inform target audiences, including general public, local elected officials, business community, and stakeholder community organizations
- Utilize earned media through local publications and create web presence for program
- Create presence for NV Rides program on social media platforms
- Conduct outreach presentations
- Provide assistance and support to participating organizations’ marketing and outreach efforts
- Determine the necessary elements and conduct a media inventory to assess success of outreach efforts to increase awareness of volunteer driver programs
- Assists NV Rides Manager as needed.
- Performs other administrative duties, as assigned
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Professional and courteous interpersonal communication
- Ability to work collaboratively with community organizations to achieve program goals
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience with volunteers
- Ability to set priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Experience in creating outreach and marketing materials
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications, plus 2 years of relevant work experience. Work in a non-profit environment is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Flexible work schedule to allow for occasional evening and weekend responsibilities
- Must have own transportation and willingness to travel locally
- Or any equivalent mix of skills, abilities, experience and education that would render a candidate suitable for this position
- Basic understanding of challenges that older and aging adults and caregivers face is a plus but not mandatory
- Have a positive attitude and team player mentality
This position reports to the NV Rides Manager
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Part-Time Position: 15 hours / week
Reports to: Community Engagement Director
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (Fairfax) seeks a qualified, outgoing, creative, organized individual to work part time as the Community Engagement Coordinator in the Eastern Part of Fairfax County (Alexandria, Arlington, Burke, Fairfax, Falls Church, and Springfield).
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing activities and events for families with young children. The primary goal will be building relationships, welcoming and helping families along their Jewish journey, providing them with resources as needed, connecting them with other families and to the larger Jewish community.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with supervisor to develop and implement programs that take place within the Northern Virginia community.
- Responsible for administrative tasks for each program
- Work with JCC Marketing Director to secure promotional materials and promote programs throughout the community.
- Ensure tracking, budgeting, reporting and evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Participate and serve as a resource on steering and planning committees and serve as a resource to members of the community.
- Write up and submit reports/evaluations as required.
- Work with other staff in the department and at the JCC, attend all-staff meetings.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in education, social work, psychology or related field and related work experience.
- Basic knowledge of Northern Virginia and its communities.
- Knowledgeable about Jewish traditions, holidays and customs.
- A team player who understands the importance of collaboration and community.
- Confidence to act independently and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work with and communicate with a wide range of people.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, web based applications and social media.
- Valid driver’s license and a car.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Laurie.Albert@jccnv.org.
Family Services Department
JCCNV Camps offers a wide range of staffing opportunities. We have positions ranging from general counselor to specialist with all age groups, starting at 2 years old through high school. Applications are available starting Monday, January 20th. Please complete along with 3 reference forms and return at your earliest convenience. In person interviews will be scheduled for late February/early March.
Special Needs Department
Special Needs Camp Counselors & Inclusion Facilitators
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) Special Needs Department is looking for summer camp counselors and Inclusion Facilitators (shadows) for children with special needs in our day camp ranging from 1st-9th graders. Camp counselors will work in our special needs camp, assisting in facilitating social skills and aiding in camp activities such as sports, arts, cooking, science, music, and much more! Inclusion Facilitators will be in the general camp, where they will aid a child with a special need with staying on task, redirecting when needed and/or helping him/her to have a positive experience as they interact with peers and engage in activities. Camp hours are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday with additional hours as needed. The camp runs from June 30-August 22nd and you must be able to attend all of orientation (June 25-29). Experience working with children with special needs is required. Please contact Jessica.Tischler@jccnv.org.
Part-Time Special Needs Shadows
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is looking for part-time staff to shadow children with special needs in our before- and after-school programs. Daily activities in this inclusive program range from board games, playground, art projects, homework assistance, etc. Being a shadow includes aiding a child with a special need in staying on task, redirecting when needed and helping him/her to have a positive experience as they interact with peers and engage in activities. These children have Autism, Asperger’s syndrome, ADD/ADHD or other related disorders. Hours can vary but are typically Monday through Friday between 7:30am–9am and/or 3:15pm–6pm, depending on what days/times the child is registered for.
Experience working with children with special needs is highly preferred. Please send your resume to Jessica at Jessica.Tischler@jccnv.org
Part-time Volunteers in Special Needs Department
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is looking for dedicated volunteers to help with various programs in our Special Needs Department. Volunteer opportunities include programs for children, teens, young adults, and adults on Sunday afternoons and/or helping with various fundraising programs or shadowing a child with a special need in an inclusive program. We are looking for people that are able to volunteer on a consistent basis.
Interest in helping individuals with special needs is required. Please send your resume to Jessica at Jessica.Tischler@jccnv.org
Sports, Fitness, and Aquatics
Indoor Cycling Instructor
The JCCNV is currently looking for indoor cycling instructors for our cardio cycling classes. Current CPR/AED is required and a spin certification or group fitness certification is required within 6 months of hire. If you are interested, please email your resume and info to Keri.Drugan@jccnv.org.
USA Swimming Head Coach needed for competitive swim team, Monday - Friday after school/11 hours a week.
Requirements: ASCA II and Current USA Swimming Coaching Certifications (CPR, FA, Safety Training for Swim Coaches), Minimum 2 years coaching experience with developmental age group swimming. Compensation -very competitive with others PVS teams. To apply, please email resume to Teo Albu, Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.
Swim Coach – We are looking for an enthusiastic coach for a pre-swim team/ swim school level instruction (Fairfax) Monday-Friday after school/5 hours a week/ September-May.
Requirements minimum 1 year experience with developmental age group swimming. Up to $30 per practice depending upon experience. To apply, please email resume to Teo Albu, Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.