The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is a nonprofit, social service organization dedicated to offering quality programs, activities and services that emphasize Jewish culture, identity and values to people of all ages and backgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Fairfax County, the JCCNV is a warm and welcoming place where the community can experience year-round educational, recreational and cultural programming. It is also a place where the Northern Virginia community gathers to celebrate and learn about Judaism’s rich cultural heritage. A growing organization, the J will operate with an $8 million budget in FY15. The JCCNV is an equal employment opportunity agency.
The JCCNV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants to and employees of the JCCNV are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.
Current Job Openings in the Following Departments:
Our Before- and After-School Enrichment (BASE) program is expanding by hiring new staff. Our mission is to ensure an interactive, fun, beneficial, and positive environment where every child can grow and develop in a safe, structured, and friendly atmosphere.
The position open at the J are available to anyone regardless of their religious affiliations!
If you are 16 or older and interested in joining our team, contact Brian.Grossbard@jccnv.org or 703.537.3041 for more details.
Our Before- and After-School Enrichment (BASE) program is looking to hire a shuttle bus driver for our afternoon program. Our program’s mission is to ensure an interactive, fun, and positive environment where every child can grow and develop in a safe, structured, and friendly atmosphere. If you are 21 years or older and interested in joining our team, contact Brian.Grossbard@jccnv.org or 703.537.3041.
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV), located in Fairfax, VA (just outside of Washington, DC), provides social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and activities for the Northern Virginia community. The Board and staff recently completed a strategic planning process, which has set the stage for an exciting period of growth, focus, and impact, as reflected in the new Vision Statement (planning document available upon request).
Vision Statement: Guided by Jewish values, the JCCNV will spark, foster, and build Jewish Connection, Community and Peoplehood throughout Northern Virginia by creating outstanding opportunities for every individual to explore the boundless potential of Jewish life.
Understanding that our community is widely scattered, we will meet people where they are both within and beyond the walls of the JCC.
The JCCNV has a $9 million annual operating budget, which has more than doubled in the past seven years. The J is currently in the quiet phase of a $6-7 million Campaign to improve current facilities and provide seed funding for new community outreach initiatives.
The JCCNV is currently seeking an experienced Director of Finance (DF) who is detailed, personable, even keeled and an effective communicator. The DF is the Executive Director’s right-hand person on the agency’s financial matters, and is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the agency by building and managing a team of professionals (staff and contractors) accountable for accounting, finance, and information technology. The DF is responsible for long-term financial planning, operational efficiency, sound internal controls and effective financial management of the agency. The DF also provides strategic leadership for the organization by working with the Senior Staff to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
This is a senior management position requiring extensive financial management knowledge. Working in concert with the Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director and the Assistant Executive Director, the DF will assist in the overall leadership and direction of the JCCNV and staff. The DF works in partnership with the Treasurer of the Board, key committees including Budget & Finance and Audit, and the full Board to ensure collaboration and alignment between professional staff and Lay Leadership on financial matters. The DF will ensure the effective utilization of the JCCNV’s personnel, financial and physical resources in a manner that is consistent with the J’s service standards, and within approved annual budgets. Under the supervision of Executive Director, and with the assistance of related standing committees, the DF is responsible for the development and maintenance of internal financial controls and the accuracy and integrity of the accounting and reporting systems.
Financial and Operations
• Responsible for the administration and management of Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, IT, and overall financial functions of the JCCNV.
• Oversight of all functions of Finance & Accounting including: Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Cash Management, Audits, and Development and Management of the annual departmental budgets.
• Supervision of all billing and monitoring of receivables.
• Review and Enhance financial and operational policies and internal control systems.
• Liaison to lending institutions and banks.
• Monitor purchasing procedures.
• Provide financial reports to the JCCNV Executive Director and Board of Directors.
• Oversee JCCNV networking, internet, and accounting and software systems (knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL and Oracle based databases strongly preferred).
• Investigate and report on annual financial operating issues.
• Ensure completion and timely filing of required local, state and federal returns.
• Oversee Human Resources functions of the JCCNV including: Benefits Payroll administration and monitoring Personnel practices.
• Provide support material and guidance as needed by the Executive Director.
• Oversee all staff and outside contractors in areas stated above; this includes hiring, training, supervising and evaluating the staff.
• Provide the assistance and supervision necessary for all department heads to have the tools necessary for them to manage the financial aspects of their departments.
Senior Staff Team
• Provide leadership to Senior Staff team on financial and administrative operations of the JCCNV.
• Serve as part of the Executive Leadership of the JCCNV by providing input to help guide the operations and direction of the Center.
• Assist management staff with preparation of key operating statistics to monitor their areas of operations.
• Participate in major agency-wide events and functions, including some nights and weekends.
• Represent JCCNV as needed where appropriate.
Board and Committees
• Attend JCCNV Board, Executive, Budget/Finance and Audit Committee meetings.
• Prepare briefings and reports for Board, Executive and Budget/Finance Committee meetings.
• Provide information and insight to the Board on the financial operations of the JCCNV.
• Assist the Board Treasurer to present monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports to the boards.
• Staff the Budget & Finance, Investment and Audit Committees: Prepare agendas with the Treasurer, Prepare all necessary reports, Maintain minutes of all meetings, Guide the committee through the annual budget and audit processes.
• BA/BS degree in related field is required. MBA or CPA is desired.
• Experienced leader and financial executive with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience.
• An energetic, forward-thinking, organized, and creative individual with high ethical standards, professionalism and a sense of humor.
• Knowledge of GAAP standards and fund accounting required for non-profit organizations.
• Advanced computer knowledge and skills in needed areas of finance and accounting.
• Proven track record as an impact negotiator and relationship builder.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
• Proven ability to produce quality results within tight time frames while simultaneously managing several ongoing projects.
• A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who works effectively and expediently in a team environment.
• An intelligent and articulate individual who possesses excellent communication skills required for effective interaction with all levels of staff and lay leadership.
• A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries, challenges, or complaints.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on challenging or complex topics to the Board and its various committees.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits package are being offered.
To learn more about the JCCNV, please see our website www.jccnv.org
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JCCNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (Fairfax) is currently seeking instructors for all styles of dance. Dance Instructors are responsible for planning class content and curriculum and choreographing pieces for the end-of-program performances. Classes are offered in Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern, and Tap. The J is a member of the National Dance Education Organization and the Virginia Dance Coalition.
Ideal candidates will be professional, energetic, and have experience teaching children ages 5-15. Bachelor’s degree preferred. This is a part-time position. Salary is dependent on experience.
To apply, please send your resume along with 2 professional references, indicate the type(s) of dance in which you specialize or are able to teach, your experience and training in dance, and your availability to Barri DeFrancisci, j.dance Director, at Barri.DeFrancisci@jccnv.org. No phone calls please.
The J is currently looking for a fun, energetic, fitness dance instructor with the ability and certification to also instruct Aqua Zumba® and Zumba® Gold classes. Current CPR/AED is required. If you are interested, please email your resume and to Rebecca.Friedlander@jccnv.org.
USA Swimming Head Coach needed for competitive swim team, Monday - Friday after school/11 hours a week.
ASCA II and Current USA Swimming Coaching Certifications (CPR, FA, Safety Training for Swim Coaches), Minimum 2 years coaching experience with developmental age group swimming. Compensation -very competitive with others PVS teams. To apply, please email resume to Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.
We are looking for an enthusiastic coach for a pre-swim team/ swim school level instruction (Fairfax) Monday-Friday after school/5 hours a week/ September-May.
Requirements minimum 1 year experience with developmental age group swimming. Up to $30 per practice depending upon experience. To apply, please email resume to Teo.Albu@jccnv.org.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is looking for an experienced, credentialed candidate to be the social skills therapist for our special needs 8-week summer camp. The camp is for children with High Functioning Autism, ADD/ADHD, and related disorders. The camp is designed to provide opportunities to build self-esteem, social competence, independence skills, self-awareness and to foster positive relationships. Campers learn and grow dynamically as the camp is designed for social success in an inclusive environment. The camp day includes social skills therapy in conjunction with general camp activities such as swim, sports, arts and crafts, music, field trips, all-camp activities and much more!
The job entails writing the curriculum and facilitating the therapy for school-aged children with assistance from the camp staff. Must be able to plan independently, be flexible, creative, comfortable managing challenging behaviors, lead and manage counselors in helping to facilitate lessons, have patience and a great sense of humor. Seeking a candidate with credentials (ie psychologist, LCSW, etc.) preferably with experience in the Social Thinking, Unstuck and On Target, and/or relevant curriculum in addition to experience with recreation-based social activities.
Responsibilities also include attending and facilitating orientation and parent meetings. This is a full-time summer position from July 5–August 26 with additional dates/times as needed as well as overnight trips as needed. Willing to consider part-time availability. Priority will go to dedicated individuals who can commit to the whole Summer.
Social Skills curriculum typically includes but is not limited to: Team-building and teamwork • Winning/losing • Flexibility • Impulse control • Coping strategies • Anger management • Friendship building • Conversation skills • Personal awareness
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and 2 sample lesson plans to Jessica.Tischler@jccnv.org.
The Special Needs Department is excited to offer internships and practicums to qualified college students!
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (the J) is looking for part-time staff to shadow children with special needs in our before- and after-school programs. Daily activities in this inclusive program range from board games, playground, art projects, homework assistance, etc. Being a shadow includes aiding a child with a special need in staying on task, redirecting when needed and helping him/her to have a positive experience as they interact with peers and engage in activities. These children have autism, Asperger’s syndrome, ADD/ADHD or other related disorders. Hours can vary but are typically Monday through Friday between 7:30am–9am and/or 3:15pm–6pm, depending on what days/times the child is registered for.
Experience working with children with special needs is highly preferred. Please send your resume to Jessica at Jessica.Tischler@jccnv.org